Who is iCare?
iCare is a non- profit organization, formed and operated for purposes that would benefit the under-privileged and/or less fortunate through its various programs and projects. It was initially established as the compassion ministry of Jesus Is Lord Church as it served the needs of its own members. But it broadened its view and looked beyond the confines of the church; iCare then saw the magnitude of the people’s socio-economic misery which needed an immediate and genuinely compassionate response. With the alarming official statistics on poverty incidence, iCare captured the burden and developed itself into a non-profit foundation whose mission is to help meet the needs of such individuals.
iCare was initially established as the compassion ministry of the JIL Church as it served the needs of its own members. But as it broadened its view and looked beyond the confines of the church; iCare then saw the magnitude of the people’s socioeconomic misery which needed an immediate and genuinely compassionate response.
With alarming official statistics on poverty incidence, iCare Foundation captured the burden and developed itself into a nonprofit foundation whose mission is to help meet the needs of such individuals. It seeks to grant assistance to low-income families, promotes the value of education and provides hope & opportunity for many through a variety of programs.
The iCare Compassion Ministries, Inc. was created in order to address the following concerns:
- Prevalence of income-challenged families who need short-term basic assistance to help them stabilize their lives and make them self-sufficient by providing access to livelihood trainings and by working with parents to develop goals and actions plans toward a better life.
- Insufficient community-based action plan for disaster response and relief operations
- Necessity to support the educational needs of some deserving individuals who need financial assistance to gain access to quality education
- Prevalence of out-of-school children due to lack (or if none at all) of basic school requirements.
- Necessity to share the love of God to incarcerated people and making them responsible citizens through the jail and prison ministry.
- Lack of pre-release and re-entry ministry support to ex-inmates returning to the community
- Necessity for livelihood training programs for the marginalized sector of the society, ones which enable them to have a decent income and more importantly dignity and meaning in life.
A community transformed from destitution to fullness of life through a variety of enrichment programs.
To respond to the specific needs of identified individuals in the community in obedience to God’s second commandment— love your neighbours.
- To be the channel of living out the JIL Church Worldwide core values of love and compassion for others, thus expanding our social responsibility.
- To be one of the major tools to carry out some projects of the JIL Church Worldwide Evangelism Department
- To network with Kingdom Living Ministry (KLM) in utilizing the tangible & intangible God-given resources
- To establish tie-ups and even partnership with other like-minded organizations
THE CORE VALUES
- Passionate Love for GOD – An intimate and wholehearted devotion, reserved to GOD alone, that is steadfast and
unparalleled, evidenced by absolute submission and obedience to GOD’s will and commands (Deuteronomy 6:5)
- Love and Compassion for Others – A compelling urge that eventually becomes a natural inclination to selflessly
care for others as He cares for others, becoming GOD’s channel of unconditional mercy and grace (Mark 12:31)
- Integrity – An uprightness of character that is beyond reproach, in private and public life, through the uncompromised principle of upholding truth, transparency and consistency in word and in action (Psalm 78:72)
- Faithfulness – An authentic loyalty to GOD with a sense of responsibility as stewards to the various roles,
relationships and resources entrusted by GOD (Matthew 25:21)
- Excellence – A quality of character that rejects mediocrity and commits to GOD’s highest workmanship (Daniel 6:3-4)
- To help the underprivileged families/individuals improve their socio-economic conditions.
- Develop the entrepreneurial potential of the people and improve their knowledge and appreciation on the value of
money and household financial management in general.
- To be an active participator during disaster and other unlikely events that require relief assistance.
- To help in the restoration of the lives of the people in jail through the infusion of intellectual, emotional and spiritual
influence and connecting them to life group activities of the JIL church.
- To bridge the gap between the disadvantaged and medical groups through direct street outreach and engagement
with the objective of linking them with a primary medical home.
- To provide hope and grant one-time financial assistance to people with limited income and resources and who are
confined in a hospital bed because of physical injury, sickness, surgery or terminal illness.
- To distribute minimum of 10,000 backpack bags with school supplies for elementary students in Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and select provinces every school year.
- To provide educational assistance to at least 20 deserving individuals/students each year who do not have the financial means to fulfill their educational goals.
- To provide food assistance to 200 identified low-income families in Metro Manila and nearby cities by giving them basic grocery goods every week for at least one month
- To provide basic hospital needs and to bring the love of Christ to at least 300 patients who are confined in a hospital bed because of physical injury, sickness, surgery or terminal illness.
- To conduct Medical and Dental missions in at least five (5) cities targeting 100 patients for each city of mission
- To provide post-prison assistance each year to at least 5 ex-inmates.
- To extend prompt and appropriate assistance to at least 10,000 victims of disasters or unlikely events every year.
- To set-up six (6) socialized training programs to marginalized urban communities that will equip underprivileged individuals especially women with the necessary skills and competencies that can foster self-employment and assistance to would-be entrepreneurs.
- To distribute Christmas gifts and/or Noche Buena Packages to at least 1,000 under-privileged families or children before Christmas
Beneficiaries may be one or a combination of, but not limited to the following:
- Disadvantaged children and families
- Out of school youth and youth with special needs
- Victims of natural and man-made calamities
- Depressed communities
- Jail and Prison inmates
GEOGRAPHICAL COVERAGE OF OPERATION
Our major operation covers Metro Manila, Bulacan and select towns and cities of Rizal, Laguna and Cavite. However, if there is a need in other areas i.e. disaster or a special operation/mission, not mentioned above, iCare endeavors to meet the needs of the affected person, family or community.